RAPTURE gaming festival are looking for volunteers to help with their up and coming event on the weekend of September 8-9th 2018 at Cardiff University.
Volunteers must be over 18 to apply.
The event involves various different genres of gaming including Retro Gaming, Modern Gaming, Indie Games, Virtual Reality, Tournaments as well as other areas like Cosplay.
Here’s the website if you’d like to see more: https://rapturegamingfestival.com/cardiff/
Here’s some Q&A’s:
- The working hours (what time would they be required to arrive and what time would they be allowed to go home)
- As early as possible (around 8am) for the setup (if they are able to attend on Friday the 7th) until the setup is complete which can range anywhere between 7pm til 11pm
- Clothing/dress code
- For the setup day, a T-shirt is fine, with jeans/shorts and sensible shoes (think like shoes for a building site)
- Should they bring their own food and drink/allowed to?
- They are welcome to bring their own food and drink, but we will provide food and drink
- Do they need ID?
- They will not require ID for any part of Rapture except the afterparty
- Do you require any special skills? (IT competent/customer service)
- These skills aren’t required but are greatly appreciated!
- Can they volunteer in pairs (for example could someone bring along a friend and they stick together?)
- They can ask to be put together beforehand, I’m happy to try and accommodate that if they’d like, but they may have to be moved and/or separated depending on the numbers of people we need in each section, the skills they have or things that happen on the live days
If you are interested in volunteering, apply today! https://rapturegamingfestival.com/cardiff/volunteer/