The WGN has a Discord server that is the primary point of contact for the group. You can follow us on Twitter, YouTube and Twitch, as well as checking out our regularly updated website with gaming, entertainment and technology articles and reviews, but for day-to-day chat and really being a part of the community we highly recommend you join the Discord.
Discord is available as a desktop application (recommended), web application (for those who cannot install software), or as an app on both iOS and Android. In short, you can keep in contact from just about anywhere! It’s an amazing application for gamers, with the ability to do everything that servers like TeamSpeak and Ventrilo did, combined with the chat rooms of the IRC era and all the functional voice and video calling features of Skype! On top of that it’s constantly updated and uses very few resources to run. You can visit the Discord website if you want to find out more.
Within the discord we have:
- Chat rooms covering a wide range of gaming and real life topics.
- Voice chat rooms for gamers to chat and play together.
- Members you can interact with in a group setting or one on one.
- An easy way to find people to play with or chat about games.
- Access to the staff team should you have any enquiries.
- Real-time announcements, news and events.
- A place to share, and view others content, such as Twitch, YouTube, photos, screenshots & more.
Installing discord is simple – just click on this link and you’ll automatically be prompted to install or open the software, and then join the server!
Some features you might want to be aware of if you’re new to Discord:
- You can change your name if you want a different one.
- You can link up your Twitter, Twitch, Steam, Facebook, Youtube & Loads of other things if you want to show them on your profile.
- You can join an unlimited amount of servers!
- You can change the notifications in your settings to adjust what pings you receive.
- You can directly message anyone else who has their permissions set to accept you.
- You can ping people directly on the server by doing @username
- You can ping roles if you want to get in touch, for example @staff and @mod to reach our staff members.
- You can add yourself to new channels by visiting our #roles-spam channel – so you only see the game channels you’re interested in.
- You can join a group voice chat, or you can do one on one voice or video calls with other users.